Equality and Diversity Mission Statement
Weston Tennis Club aims to ensure that everybody is treated fairly and with respect and that members, non-members and visiting clubs and teams are not denied access to the Club because of a discriminatory reason.
Weston Tennis Club:
- Is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the Club at every level. Tennis should be enjoyed by everyone who wants to play the game.
- Commits to eliminating discrimination by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, ability or disability and to encourage equal opportunities.
- Is fully supported by the Club's management committee, which is responsible for the implementation and review of the policy.
- In all its activities, will ensure it does not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, ability or disability.
- Will ensure it treats it employees, members, non-members and visiting clubs and teams fairly and with respect.
- Will ensure that all members of the community have access to and opportunities to take part in and enjoy its programmes of activities, competitions and events.
- Will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse, or victimisation of any individual (which the Club regards as forms of discrimination). This includes sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal. The Club will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
- Commits itself to the immediate investigation of any complaints of discrimination on the above grounds, once they are brought to its attention.
- Will deal with complaints in accordance with its complaints policy and, where such a complaint is upheld, may impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate to discriminatory behaviour.
- Is committed to taking positive action where inequalities exist, including the development of a programme of ongoing training and awareness in order to promote the eradication of discrimination and to promote equality and diversity in tennis.
- Is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and employees.
- Requires all members and employees to abide by and adhere to this policy and the requirements of the relevant equalities legislation, including the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1975, Disability Discrimination Act 1995, Age Discrimination Act 2006, Equality Act 2010 and amendments to these acts and any new legislation.